When making certain payments with your credit card, you will have to choose the amount of payment installments you want. If you have doubts about how to determine how many installments you should pay for a purchase with a credit card , read the following article carefully.
There is no inflexible rule that states exactly how many installments you must pay for a purchase with this credit instrument . There are some criteria based on common sense, which allow us to establish how many quotas are more convenient to use. These criteria are:
The fees established for payment must not exceed the useful life of the object purchased with the card. In this way, the recommended payment quotas depend on the nature of the acquired good. We can then set the following amount of monthly installments:
- 1 single fee , for recurring expenses such as market, restaurants, transportation and services.
- 6 installments , in case of buying shoes, clothes and accessories.
- 8 to 12 installments , for vacation expenses. This if they are taken with the recurrence of one year.
- 24 installments , for appliances such as televisions, microwave ovens. Also for devices such as cell phones and computers, which become obsolete after two years of use, on average.
- 36 installments , for white and brown lines, whose useful life exceeds three years.
Payment capacity criteria
When paying for a credit card purchase , you should be aware that you are acquiring a payment commitment. Then, the amount of installments must be established based on your actual ability to pay. Remember that a larger amount of fees implies higher interest payments, which is not convenient for you.
Therefore, it is helpful that you choose to cancel in the least amount of fees that is viable for you. Establish what your ability to pay is and, based on that, determine how many installments you can pay. For example, if your payment capacity is $ 400,000.00 pesos per month, and the product costs $ 2,400,000.00 pesos, choose 6 installments. Note that this way you will have to cancel $ 400,000.00 Monthly pesos, plus the corresponding interests, which is in your possibilities.
Final recommendation when paying for a credit card purchase
One recommendation is that you focus your credit card purchases on purchases that you find productive. It is not the same to buy a cell phone that will help in your work, than to give you the pleasure of an ostentatious dinner. Get used to making only productive expenses, and select the fees to pay for a credit card purchase using these criteria. This will guarantee your success in handling this credit instrument.